License question - UN Convention on Contracts

This inquiry comes from one of our Yale Librarians. It was a new question for me. Does anyone in liblicense-l land have experience of the UN Convention on Contracts? Is it in wide use? What does anyone think of it? Many thanks, Ann Okerson

***

While reviewing a license for a U.S. demographics website, Social
Explorer <http://www.socialexplorer.com/pub/home/home.aspx>, I
encountered the following language:

/You expressly agree to waive all rights, if any, arising under the
United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of
Goods. /

Should I be concerned about this waiver?

Thanks,
Robin Featherstone