'08 Symposium & Perspectives on Copyright

[Please excuse any cross-posting of this announcement.]

8th Annual Symposium
Copyright Monopoly: Playing the innovation game
May 28-30, 2008
in Metro Washington, D.C.
http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008/

Since 2001, the Center for Intellectual Property (CIP) has
provided premier conferences focusing on the intersection of
copyright, technological innovation, and higher education. In its
Eighth Annual Symposium, the CIP continues its tradition of
convening a rich conversation on copyright policy that includes
voices from higher education, business and industry, law, policy,
government, and nonprofit sectors, and that also spans the
spectrum of opinion and perspective.

Join the CIP May 28-30 to hear and interact with--all in one
place-- these outstanding scholars and practitioners of copyright
in the digital arena.

>From Higher Education:
* James Boyle (Duke University School of Law and the Center for the
   Study of the Public Domain) [Keynote];
* Georgia Harper (University of Texas at Austin Libraries) [Keynote];
* Laura Gasaway (University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill)
   [Pre-Conference];
* ...and others.

>From the Non-Profit and Policy Sectors:
* Gigi Sohn (Public Knowledge) [Keynote];
* Julia Blixrud (Scholarly Publishing & Academic Resources Coalition);
* William Carney (Online Computer Library Center);
* Karla Hahn (Association for Research Libraries);
* ...plus many more.

>From Business, Industry, and Government:
* Arnold Lutzker (Lutzker & Lutzker, LLP) [Pre-Conference];
* Drew Zuretti (Copyright Clearance Center) [Pre-Conference];
* Oliver Metzger (U.S. Copyright Office);
* Jon Orwant (Google, Inc.).

For all the details on the 2008 symposium, see
http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008, or you can register today by visiting
http://tinyurl.com/ypg33b.

This three-day symposium includes keynote addresses,
pre-conference seminars, panel presentations, roundtable
discussions, as well as multiple opportunities for networking
with professionals from across the country.

And because the CIP is a higher education nonprofit organization,
we understand the need for reasonably priced programming, and we
are committed each year to providing hundreds of conferees the
opportunity to engage with valuable content at an exceptionally
affordable price.

Again, full details may be found at http://www.umuc.edu/CIP2008,
and registration is available at http://tinyurl.com/ypg33b. --

Olga Francois, Assistant Director
Center for Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
Adelphi, MD 20783 Phone:

****