Student e-book survey: participation request

ebrary is sponsoring an informal survey focused on e-book usage
and needs of college and university students. The questionnaire,
which was developed by approximately 150 librarians from around
the world, is now available at
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=ZSXA2X_2bHmmN6hbcjfBnnhQ_3d_3d>
It will remain open through April 11, 2008.

As of March 18, 2008, nearly 1,000 students have completed the
survey.

We would greatly appreciate it if you could forward the survey to
students at your institution. To help you promote the survey, we
have created a number of materials that you are welcome to edit
as needed:

* Email copy that you may send directly to students, available at
<http://www.ebrary.com/corp/collateral/en/survey/student_email.doc>

* Flyers for posting in the library and around campus, available
at
<http://www.ebrary.com/corp/collateral/en/survey/student_flyer.pdf>

* FAQ (frequently asked questions) for you and your colleagues,
available at <http://www.ebrary.com/corp/survey.jsp>

Please note that results to your institution are available upon
request.

How do librarians' perceptions compare to students' actual

Many librarians who helped us design this survey expressed an
interest in determining how librarians' perceptions of how
students are using e-books differ from what students are
indicating.  If you are interested, we have cloned the survey and
are making it available to librarians to take separately as if
they were students. The librarian version of the student survey
is available at
<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=TRQN9_2fCO845kF0XrYTQxAg_3d_3d>

ebrary's goal is to compile and share the results with the public
in late June.

****