Deposit Mandates as part of Publisher Services

This message is aimed (primarily but not necessarily exclusively) at the STM publishers who are members of liblicense-l:

If your publishing organization is providing for your authors the service of deposit of their articles according to various mandates, particularly NIH (beginning on 4/7) could you kindly describe the nature or extent of these services by sending *to me* (ann.okerson@yale.edu) a descriptive note of what and how you do this? If you are in the planning stages, can you write to that effect? It will be helpful, from the institutional end, to understand where such services are being or will be provided, outside of universities, as we continue to develop our own protocols. If there is overlap or redundancy, it might be useful to sort that out. If your response should be confidential at this time, please so note.

If there is an interesting set of responses, I'll summarize here.

Thank you, Ann Okerson/Yale Library
ann.okerson@yale.edu