From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Phil Davis
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 9:55 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu; Joseph J. Esposito
Subject: Re: Authors rights: Going too far

How about the point of view of an author?  I would be livid if my
librarian told me that my favorite journal were to be canceled
because she thought the publisher was treating me unfairly.  My
mother may have told me to eat my greens when I was a child;
having my librarian tell me what is (and what isn't) good for me
as an author seems both arrogant and ridiculous.

--Phil Davis