Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2008 3:52 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: Authors rights: Going too far

Heather Morrison wrote:

"Perhaps it is timely for collections librarians to add Author's
Rights as a key criterion, when evaluating journal subscriptions
to add, or to cancel?"

JE:  Perhaps some lawyers on this list would like to offer a
point of view, but this suggestion seems to me to go too far. It
is disconcerting to suggest that librarians insinuate themselves
in the contracts between authors and publishers, whose dealings
are a private matter.

Joe Esposito