Re: "Open Access Publishing in European Networks" (OAPEN)

Not true: the AAUP's Statement on Open Access explicitly
addresses application of open access to books, giving some
examples of projects already under way in this area, including
the National Academies Press, which pioneered this approach many
years ago. But this new European consortial effort, in which AAUP
member the University of Amsterdam Press is involved, is indeed a
major step forward and deserves the attention of everyone.

Sandy Thatcher
Penn State Press

--
Sanford G. Thatcher, Director
Penn State University Press

"If a book is worth reading, it is worth buying."-John Ruskin (1865)