RE: Ejournals and ILL

Hi Beth

You will probably get heaps of replies like this - we would also love to
know.

To answer your questions as much as I can:

1. We interpret them pretty much as you have outlined - that it
forbids electronic transfer and we must print and post the slow
way. I don't see that it forbids us scanning and emailing from
the print copy though. Haven't really thought about that part of
it.

2. Some PDF files are manipulable. It depends on the software
used to create them and also the software used to read them.
There are lots of options besides Acrobat. I think that's
probably what the publishers are scared of.

3. We are too small to try and negotiate anything other than
standard.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. Also, I realise we have different
copyright laws here, but overall I think the principles are the
same. And licence agreements over-ride them anyway I suspect.

Cheers

Raewyn Adams
Librarian
Tauranga Hospital Library
Bay of Plenty District Health Board
Private Bag 12 024 Tauranga 3143 NZ
or 840 Cameron Rd Tauranga South 3112 NZ
Telephone: 0064 7 579 8687
Fax: 0064 7 571 6043
mailto:Raewyn.Adams@bopdhb.govt.nz
Library TAUM