From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of B.G. Sloan
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 7:08 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: "Time to End the Slavery of Traditional Publishing"??

Yamey, Gavin. "Time to End the Slavery of Traditional Publishing".
<http://www.plos.org/cms/node/204>

"Today's traditional publishers...are the slave traders. The research
articles and many of the academics who write them are the slaves."

Seems like a rather extreme and distasteful analogy to me.

Bernie Sloan