PsychiatryOnline.com Textbook to Be Preserved Via LOCKSS

**Apologies for Cross-Posting**

LOCKSS is a unique digital preservation solution that enables
libraries to easily and inexpensively collect and preserve their
own copy of authorized e-content. LOCKSS Alliance members who
subscribe to The American Psychiatric Publishing Textbook of
Clinical Psychiatry, Fourth Edition, at PsychiatryOnline.com will
have access to this e-book in perpetuity. The Fourth Edition of
Textbook of Clinical Psychiatry is being made available for
LOCKSS preservation in conjunction with the March 2008 release of
the new Fifth Edition to current subscribers at
www.PsychiatryOnline.com, the book-and-journal portal from APPI.

"We are thrilled to support APPI in its endeavor to preserve for
future generations, not simply its world-class e-journals on the
LOCKSS system, but also this important digital textbook. Through
these actions, APPI helps libraries fulfill their role as
custodians of scholarly content," says Vicky Reich, LOCKSS
Director.

"We feel lucky to have the LOCKSS system as a preservation
solution," says Pam Harley, Director of e-Publishing Strategy at
APPI, "and to be able to extend their innovative and
collaborative approach beyond our journals to our key online
textbooks, making sure they remain accessible for generations to
come."

About LOCKSS (www.lockss.org):

The LOCKSS (Lots of Copies Keep Stuff Safe) Program was started a
decade ago by Stanford University Libraries to address the
challenges of preserving digital scholarly content.  Today LOCKSS
is a thriving international community-based initiative with
libraries and publishers working together with the shared goal to
preserve e-content for the long-term. More than 200 leading
scholarly publishers have granted permission for its content to
be preserved by LOCKSS Alliance members.

About American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc. (www.appi.org;
www.psychiatryonline.com):

American Psychiatric Publishing, Inc. (APPI) is the world's
premier publisher of books, journals, and multimedia on
psychiatry, mental health, and behavioral science. APPI is a
wholly owned subsidiary of the American Psychiatric Association
and the publisher of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of
Mental Disorders (DSM). APPI's web portal at
www.PsychiatryOnline.com offers site license access to DSM-IV-TR,
Gabbard's Treatments of Psychiatric Disorders and other
textbooks, and journals including The American Journal of
Psychiatry.

For more information, please contact:
Pam Harley, Director of e-Publishing Strategy, American Psychiatric
Publishing, Inc., pharley@psych.org, 703.907.7870
Amy Kohrman, Marketing Manager, LOCKSS and CLOCKSS, Stanford University
Libraries, akohrman@stanford.edu, 650.721.5838

****