RE: Harvard Faculty Adopts OA Requirement

[MOD NOTE: Similar question: if subset of a group of faculty
votes on something at a meeting, does that vote then become
University policy, or if not, then what are the steps from voting
to becoming policy?]

> But of course faculty can opt out. It says they will be given a
> waiver not that they might be given a waiver.

I noticed this as well, and find it interesting.  Can you call
something a policy if no one is actually required to follow it?

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dir. for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library
University of Utah
rick.anderson@utah.edu
801-721-1687