RE: One million books scanned at U of Michigan

Hi Jan,

The records for the University of Michigan books that have been
digitized, either by Google or in-house, are in MIRLYN, our OPAC.
Additionally, our commitment to working with OCLC to share the
records has been widely publicized.  There have been delays in
moving that process forward, but not on our part. We have set up
processes that OCLC has tested and we have made all of our data
available to OCLC. We have also made brief records for the public
domain materials available through OAIster and other means, and
we've heard about several institutions incorporating those
records into their discovery mechanisms (e.g. Primo, Aquabrowser
and, perhaps, even OPACs)

-Kathleen
Kathleen M. Folger, Electronic Resources Officer
University of Michigan University Library
312 Hatcher North
Ann Arbor, MI  48109-1205
V:  (734) 764-9375
F:  (734) 764-0259