ER&L 2008 Update: Keynote Speakers, Schedule of Events and other news

Electronic Resources & Libraries 2008
March 19-21, 2008
Pre-Conferences March 18, 2008
Global Learning Center, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA

We're excited to announce our keynote speakers for ER&L 2008 are
Karen Coyle and Tom Wilson.  The opening keynoter, Karen Coyle,
is a librarian and a consultant in the area of digital libraries.
Most recently, Karen was part of the Library of Congress Working
Group on the Future of Bibliographic Control. The closing
keynoter, Tom Wilson, is Associate Dean for Library Technology at
the University of Alabama Libraries, was elected President of
LITA in 2003-2004, and has spoken and written on IT and library
topics extensively.

We've finalized and posted the schedule of presentations here:
http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/index/announcement/view/8

Our conference blocks are full.  Three other hotels in Midtown
Atlanta offer discounted rates.  If you do not already have a
hotel room, go to
http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/index/announcement/view/7
for more information about the additional hotels.

Join ER&L planners after the conference to think about future
ER&L events and activities.  The planning lunch is scheduled for
Friday, March 21, 12:15-1:30.  Free box lunches will be available
to the first 30 who RSVP to Jacquie Samples
(jacquie_samples@ncsu.edu).

Want to know where other attendees are coming from?  Check out
our dynamic attendee map:
http://electroniclibrarian.org/maps/whereyouat.php.

The deadline for registration is March 3.  The rates are:
       Professional: $275
       Student: $135
       Paraprofessional/Support Staff: $195

To register, go to
http://www.electroniclibrarian.org/ocs/index.php/erl/2008/schedConf/registration.

Send any ER&L Conference questions to Bonnie Tijerina
(bonnie.tijerina@gmail.com).

Andrea Imre
Electronic Resources Librarian
Southern Illinois University Carbondale