Wiley secures Swets as Global Sales Partner for OnlineBooks

Dear all, I thought this may be of interest to some readers.

Yours, Damian Leslie

____

PRESS RELEASE

January 24, 2008

Wiley secures Swets as Global Sales Partner for OnlineBooks

Wiley, a leading global publisher of quality scientific,
technical, medical and professional content, is pleased to
announce that it has chosen Swets, one of the world's leading
subscription services companies, to act as a Global Sales Partner
for its range of OnlineBooks. This deal makes the entire range of
electronic book material hosted on Wiley Interscience's web
platform available to order directly through Swets.

Wiley Interscience OnlineBooks are available in fully
customizable packages of titles, adding flexibility to e-book
collection development. Currently housing more than 2,900
titles--with the number rapidly increasing--Wiley Interscience
gives libraries access to top quality content in the fields of
STM, business, the humanities, finance and others. With
COUNTER-compliant usage statistics, libraries can review the
usage of their Wiley InterScience OnlineBooks on a title-by-title
level and annually swap out titles that are underused.

"We are committed to helping our customers gain access to the
information they need in the format they choose," said Arie
Jongejan, Chief Executive Officer of Swets. "Ordering OnlineBooks
directly through Swets makes it possible for our customers to
gain access to the wealth of information Wiley offers in the most
efficient and economical manner possible."

"Wiley's collaboration with Swets will broaden access to Wiley
InterScience Online Books and enable us to reach users around the
world who may not have had access to our content in the past,"
said Eric Swanson, Senior Vice President, Wiley-Blackwell.  This
advances our objective of delivering more content to more people
than ever before in the history of our company."

[SNIP]