"Psyche" converts to OA after 100+ years of publication

Press Release

January 15, 2008

"Psyche: A Journal of Entomology" converts to open access after
more than 100 years of publication

The Hindawi Publishing Corporation is pleased to announce that
"Psyche: A Journal of Entomology" has joined the company's
growing collection of open access journals. Since its inaugural
issue in 1874, Psyche has been published by the Cambridge
Entomological Club and has served as a leading forum for the
publication of fundamental entomological research. Hindawi is
currently in the process of digitizing the back volumes of
Psyche, which will be made freely available on the journal's
website over the coming months.

"I am extremely pleased that we are able to add a journal like
Psyche to our open access journal collection and make this
historic publication freely available to the community" said Paul
Peters, Head of Business Development for Hindawi. "Moreover, I am
excited about the future of Psyche and the ongoing support of the
Cambridge Entomological Club, since I believe that the journal
can reach new heights within an open access environment."

"The Cambridge Entomological Club is pleased that Hindawi has
taken on the job of publishing the Club's journal, Psyche" said
Matan Shelomi, President of the Cambridge Entomological Club. "We
look forward to the establishment of a modern, professional
editorial and production process for the journal and are happy to
see the journal on a road to financial self-sufficiency. As a
nonprofit educational organization, the Club is especially
gratified to see the public interest served through the vehicle
of open access publication."

Psyche is currently accepting new submissions, and all published
articles will be made freely available under the Creative Commons
Attribution License, which permits unrestricted use,
distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the
original work is properly cited. Further information about the
journal, including a current list of editors, can be found on the
journal's website at http://www.hindawi.com/journals/psyche/.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Email: paul.peters@hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing open access
publisher with more than 100 journals covering a wide range of
areas in Science, Technology, and Medicine. The company's web
site is located at http://www.hindawi.com.

The Cambridge Entomological Club was founded in 1874 to cultivate
the study of entomology through regular meetings and
publications. Its web site is located at http://entclub.org.