SSRN takes on Humanities

Variously reported, including an article in the Chronicle of
Higher Education today, the Social Science Research Network will
now take on the humanities.  For announcement, see their website
at:

http://www.ssrn.com/update/crn/crnann/annA001.html

With detailed listing of fields and editors removed, that reads:

SSRN Announces New Humanities Research Network (HRN)

The Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is pleased to announce
the creation of the Humanities Research Network (HRN). HRN will
provide a world-wide, online community for research in all areas
of Humanities, following the model of the other subject matter
networks within SSRN (http://www.ssrn.com).

We expect HRN to become a comprehensive online resource for
research in humanities, providing scholars with access to current
work in their field and facilitating research and scholarship.
Initially, HRN will begin with the following networks:

HRN CLASSIC RESEARCH NETWORK
Director: Lesley Dean-Jones, University of Texas at Austin

HRN ENGLISH & AMERICAN LITERATURE RESEARCH NETWORK
Director: Susan Heinzelman, University of Texas at Austin

HRN PHILOSOPHY RESEARCH NETWORK
Directors: Lawrence Becker, Hollins University and Brie Gertler,
University of Virginia

You can view the expandable Humanities Research Network taxonomy
at http://SSRN.com/browse.

SSRN eLibrary
All abstracts and papers, together with bibliographic data and author
contact information, will be included in the searchable SSRN
electronic library at http://papers.ssrn.com.

The SSRN eLibrary contains more than 164,000 papers by 82,000
authors, including 131,000 full text papers. The eLibrary can be
accessed at http:// papers.ssrn.com. Downloads from the SSRN eLibrary
are running at an annual rate of about 4 million, with over 16
million downloads since SSRN was founded in 1994.

Departments, centers, and other institutions may host their own
Institutional Research Paper Series. For more information, contact
Cathy_Blocher@ssrn.com

SUBMITTING PAPERS to SSRN
Authors are invited to submit papers to the eLibrary without charge
through SSRN User Headquarters at http://hq.ssrn.com. You will have
registered in SSRN HQ when you have subscribed.

SSRN's PROFESSIONAL DIRECTORY
Searching on an individual's name in the author field on our SSRN
eLibrary search page at http://papers.ssrn.com provides the best
single professional directory of scholars in accounting, economics,
finance, law, management and, now, political science. Complete
contact information for authors including email, postal, telephone
and fax information is available there.

SSRN DOWNLOAD POLICY
SSRN provides worldwide free access to all papers included in all of
our Institutional Research Paper Series, and all other papers
uploaded to the eLibrary directly by an author.

SSRN'S MISSION
SSRN's objective is to provide rapid, worldwide distribution of
research to authors and their readers and to facilitate communication
among them at the lowest possible cost. In pursuit of this objective,
we allow authors to upload papers without charge. And any paper an
author uploads to SSRN is downloadable for free, worldwide.

SSRN reinvests all of the net cash it receives (principally from
subscriptions to our abstracting journals and from institutions that
use us to distribute their research papers), after expenses and
servicing debt, to enhance our services to authors and users. SSRN's
shareholders have not received any return on their investment,
including dividends. To minimize potential conflicts with authors and
users, SSRN has no outside investors.