Acquisition of E-Book Packages From Large Vendors

Dear "Listers":

In the course of reviewing health sciences e-book packages, we
have established that our first cut rubric for analyzing content
(creating a surrogate collection made up of select titles from
Brandon Hill and Doody) is not particularly useful for looking at
large packages of research level content made available by major
publishers.

We would like to know more about how others, especially health
sciences libraries, may be approaching this kind of content
analysis.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions! kst