Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2007 10:17 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: PRESS RELEASE: Swets acquires ScholarlyStats from MPS
Technologies

Of Possible Interest:
____________________________________

PRESS RELEASE

Lisse, The Netherlands & London, United Kingdom

Swets acquires ScholarlyStats from MPS Technologies

Swets extends its extensive product line through acquisition of
the award winning ScholarlyStats, continuing its strategic focus
on providing the ultimate portfolio of services for libraries
worldwide.

Swets is pleased to announce that it has acquired exclusive
rights to ScholarlyStats from MPS Technologies (MPST). MPS
Technologies will continue to operate ScholarlyStats for Swets
and to develop the service, ensuring continuity for existing
customers.

ScholarlyStats is a sophisticated Web-based portal that eases the
burden of collecting, consolidating and analyzing e-journal usage
statistics from multiple sources. Supplied in COUNTER compliant
format, usage reports may be viewed and downloaded by libraries
via a single, intuitive interface, thus freeing their staff to
focus on other duties and facilitating more accurate collection
decisions.

MPST launched ScholarlyStats in 2005 and the product has
experienced rapid adoption on a global scale. ScholarlyStats won
Library Product of the Year at the 2006 International Information
Industry Awards. Working closely with MPS Technologies as a
Global Sales Partner since the start of 2006, Swets developed a
leading channel position, demonstrating its strength in bringing
new technologies to the marketplace. Swets is extremely enthused
about incorporating the product fully into its extensive
portfolio and the untapped potential it holds.

Commenting on the relationship, Ravi Singh, CEO of MPST, said
"ScholarlyStats has enjoyed immense industry recognition and this
association will bring additional value to both new and existing
customers. MPST will continue to deliver all the technology
services for ScholarlyStats. We are confident that combining
Swets' global sales force with the MPST product development
expertise will take ScholarlyStats to the next level."

"At Swets we believe that usage statistics are a strategic and
integral part of the acquisition process for libraries," said
Arie Jongejan, CEO of Swets. "Our successful sales partnership
with MPST has shown us the inherent value of ScholarlyStats.
Adding the product to our portfolio gives us the opportunity to
increase the value offered to our customers substantially."

Although Swets has acquired the product, it will be 'business as
usual' for the existing customers and business partners of MPST.
MPST will serve as an outsourcing partner for Swets and will
continue to gather and process the usage statistics. Customers
will still access and utilize ScholarlyStats through the same
portal, www.scholarlystats.com, and the statistics will continue
to be reported in the same format.

Together, Swets and MPST look forward to building on the success
of ScholarlyStats and are excited about working together to
create an even better product. Arie Jongejan added, "By
developing a single, easy to use environment that integrates
holdings, price information and usage statistics we will be able
to provide libraries with the ultimate selection support tool,
one that allows them to make more informed choices and to get the
most out of their collection."

About MPS Technologies

MPS Technologies provides a range of technology-driven products
and services specifically to support the information industry.
Services include BookStore - the eBook platform, ContentStore
delivering journal and database content and PublisherStats
providing usage statistics analysis for publishers. MPS
Technologies is a Macmillan India company, part of the Macmillan
group and has offices in London, Boston, New York, Basingstoke,
Hamburg and Delhi. www.mpstechnologies.com
<http://www.mpstechnologies.com>

About Swets

Swets is the world's leading subscription services company. We
build on more than 100 years of experience to maximize the return
on investments in time and money for clients and publishers in
today's complex information marketplace. With clients in over 160
countries and more than twenty offices around the world, Swets is
a true "long tail" powerhouse that provides the most
comprehensive and sophisticated e-commerce platform currently
available in its field. Swets has been included in E-Content
Magazine's "100 companies that matter most in the Digital Content
Industry" for the past two years, and appeared at number 95 in
FEM Business' "Top 500 Companies in The Netherlands" in 2006. We
are the only subscription services company that is ISO 9001:2000
certified on a global basis--a testament to our stringent
operation and client service procedures.

Media Contact

Damian Leslie
External Communications Executive
Swets Heereweg 347 B, 2161 CA Lisse