Research study about LIS education & e-resource librarianship

Apologies for cross posting.

Do you regularly work with the management and acquisition of
electronic resources as part of your job? Then please take the
following survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=RlMSVyC1i_2bIMVsUH4hsxLQ_3d_3d

The purpose of this survey is to determine how librarians with
electronic resources duties acquired the training and skills
necessary to perform their jobs, how their work time is divided
among tasks, and to assess how well library and information
science programs (LIS) are preparing students to assume positions
as librarians with electronic resources duties.

We hope that the results of our survey will provide insight into
the job training processes and resources for electronic resources
librarians. Although few ALA-Accredited M.L.I.S. programs
currently offer courses specifically designed to address
electronic resources management issues, we hope that our findings
might have a positive influence on this situation. We have
submitted an abstract for a paper based on this study that we
hope to present at the Association for Library and Information
Science Education (ALISE) in January 2008.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact one of the
researchers:

Jill E. Grogg, Electronic Resources Librarian, The University of
Alabama Libraries [email] jgrogg@ua.edu

Jeff Weddle, Assistant Professor, School of Library and
Information Studies, The University of Alabama [email]
jweddle@slis.ua.edu

Rachel Fleming-May, Doctoral Candidate, College of Communications
& Information Sciences, The University of Alabama [email]
rfmay@bama.ua.edu

--------
Jill E. Grogg, Electronic Resources Librarian, The University of Alabama
Libraries
[email] jgrogg@ua.edu
[voice] 205-348-7994
[url] http://www.wedogg.com