From: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
[mailto:owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu] On Behalf Of Chen, Xiaotian
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2007 5:41 PM
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: AAAS and JSTOR issues

Yes, AAAS's withdrawal of Sciecne from JSTOR is very
disappointing.  Since it is the first major periodical to
withdraw from JSTOR, my fear is that other publishers may follow
suit, and AAAS may have just kicked off the beginning of the end
of JSTOR.

Maybe it is the time for the library community to seriously
re-consider the JSTOR model, now that the publishers are able to
maintain their own archives and library users can get journal
article from various platforms very smoothly with the help of
OpenURL linking?

Xiaotian Chen
Bradley University Library
http://hilltop.bradley.edu/~chen/index.html