bepress 2008 Prices and News

Announcing bepress 2008 Prices and News

Berkeley, CA, September 10, 2007 - The Berkeley Electronic Press
is pleased to announce that prices for each of our peer-reviewed
electronic journals will be unchanged in 2008, and will remain at
2007 levels. As in all previous years, no journal costs more than
$500.

For the eighth year running, bepress journals are priced far
below industry averages. For a detailed comparison, see the full
press release at http://www.bepress.com/press091007.html.

--

2008 ResearchNow Pricing

The 2008 price for our complete collection of journals,
ResearchNow, is $7,100. ResearchNow includes full access to all
bepress peer-reviewed journals, currently numbering 38. As
always, subscribers will get access to new journals added during
2008 at no additional cost.

This past year, we have added four new journals whose list price
totals $1,050, but have only increased the collection's price by
$600. The 2008 price represents a 33% discount on the
collection's total value, larger than our 2007 discount of 30%.

New journals added so far in 2007: World Political Science Review
- See www.bepress.com/wpsr Journal of Industrial Organization
Education - See www.bepress.com/jioe Review of Middle East
Economics and Finance - See www.bepress.com/rmeef New Global
Studies - See www.bepress.com/ngs

For a price list and subscriptions, visit
http://www.bepress.com/subscriptions.html.

--

News: bepress's growing international presence

In the past year, bepress has established a significant
international presence. The German Research Foundation (DFG)
selected ResearchNow for a nation-wide license for all German
libraries. ResearchNow was also purchased by libraries in
Australia (Monash University and the University of Sydney),
Bahrain (Ahlia University), New Zealand (Victoria University),
Spain (Universitat Pompeu Fabra), and the U.K. (Cambridge,
Warwick, Manchester, Kings College London and the London School
of Economics).

These new customers reflect the changing face of academic
scholarship. Our users at bepress are increasingly international:
over 40% of our readers come from outside the U.S., and a
significant percentage of authors, editors, and editorial board
members come from overseas, many from emerging countries in East
Asia, South Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America.

Our journals are well-positioned to serve this increasingly
international audience. Many of the new bepress journals have a
significant international focus: World Political Science Review
is a unique journal that publishes award-winning political
science from around the world, translated into English. Review of
Middle East Economics and Finance is the only journal to focus on
the economics and business of that dynamic region. New Global
Studies is a significant new journal devoted to the study of
contemporary globalization as a whole, across disciplines. We
anticipate that 2008 will see more international growth in
content, readership, titles and subscriptions.

To see more of our internationally-focused journals and to find
out more about bepress journals in general, visit
http://www.bepress.com/alljournals.html.

To find out more about the scholarly communication crisis, and
what bepress is doing to help, visit
http://www.bepress.com/crisis.html.

--
About The Berkeley Electronic Press

Founded by academics in 1999, The Berkeley Electronic Press
("bepress") publishes peer-reviewed electronic journals and
develops software for the academic community, including a variety
of tools that facilitate open access publication. Our core
mission is to promote efficient Scholarly Communication. Digital
CommonsT, our Institutional Repository platform, powers the
repositories of over 60 universities, including the eScholarship
Repository of the University of California system.

Visit: www.bepress.com for more information about bepress and its services
and products.

Irene Perciali, Ph.D.
Journals Manager
The Berkeley Electronic Press
Phone: (510) 665-1200 Ext. 142
www.bepress.com

bepress: The New Standard in Scholarly Publishing since 1999