SAGE Launches New Medical Journal Series

***Apologies for cross posting***

SAGE Launches New Medical Journal Series

Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, and Singapore (September 6, 2007)
- SAGE, the world's fifth largest journals publisher, is
delighted to announce the launch of a new journals series
dedicated to the latest therapies for major world-wide diseases.

The series, encompassing the highest quality peer-reviewed
scholarly content, will focus on ground-breaking studies of
cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, pharmacology and
medicine.

The first journal in the series, Therapeutic Advances in
Cardiovascular Disease, was launched on September 2nd at the
European Society of Cardiology Annual Congress in Vienna,
Austria. The first issue is available online at
http://tac.sagepub.com.

The second journal, Therapeutic Advances in Respiratory Disease
will follow on September 15th at the European Respiratory Society
Annual Congress in Stockholm, Sweden. The first issue is also now
available online at http://tar.sagepub.com.

"Launching a new journal in an already crowded field is a
daunting task," commented Editor-in-Chief of Therapeutic Advances
in Cardiovascular Disease, Carlos M. Ferrario, of North
Carolina's Wake Forest University School of Medicine. "But there
is a need for a timely journal that analyzes new therapies for
cardiovascular disease. Our first issue (September) addresses
cardio-metabolic syndrome and its possible therapies."

"There is also a real need for a journal to serve the pulmonary
research community" agreed Editor-in-Chief of the second journal,
Mario Cazzola, of the University of Rome'Tor Vergata' in Italy.
"I'm delighted to launch Therapeutic Advances in Respiratory
Disease, not to compete with existing journals, but to complement
them. It can be difficult to get smaller studies published in the
larger journals, despite the significance of the research,
especially for authors whose first language is not English. With
SAGE's first-class production and editing facilities, this will
be a platform for all significant research and debate in
respiratory pharmacology."

"We're very excited by the launch of the Therapeutic Advances
journals," added Ziyad Marar, SAGE Deputy Managing Director and
Publishing Director. "Our investment in the series reflects
SAGE's continued commitment to our STM publishing program,
complementing our established reputation as the market leader in
the social sciences."

Published bi-monthly starting with Volume 2 in February 2008, the
journals are aimed at clinicians and researchers in the fields of
cardiovascular and respiratory diseases and will be a forum for
all views in these disciplines.

Free online trials to Volume 1 of both journals are available
until December 31, 2007. To register for the Therapeutic Advances
in Cardiovascular Disease trial, go to
https://online.sagepub.com/cgi/register?registration=TAK.  To
register for the Therapeutic Advances in Respiratory Disease
trial, go to
https://online.sagepub.com/cgi/register?registration=tar.

Future launches in the series include Therapeutic Advances in
Urology & Nephrology, Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Neurological
Disorders, and others.

###

CONTACTS:
Valerie Johns