Nonaffiliation with PRISM

Sorry to interrupt the discussion with this personal comment, but
it's been brought to my attention by a couple of colleagues that
PRISM's website includes a link to my recent editorial for
_Learned Publishing_ titled "Open Access: Clear Benefits, Hidden
Costs."  There has been some question as to my relationship with
PRISM, given both the presence of that link on their site and my
frequent public expressions of OA agnosticism.

I want to make it clear that while I welcome PRISM to the ongoing
discussion of OA issues, and think the discussion can only be
enriched by the perspective of those who actually publish
scholarly information, I have no affiliation whatsoever with
PRISM and neither endorse nor oppose any of its initiatives.  As
time goes on, I'm sure that I'll agree with some of what they say
and disagree with some of it -- just as I agree with some and
disagree with some of what OA evangelicals say.

These issues are, in fact, quite complex, and the more input we
can get from those likely to be affected by commercial and
legislative developments in the realm of scholarly communication,
the better.

---
Rick Anderson
Assoc. Dir. for Scholarly Resources & Collections
Marriott Library
University of Utah
rick.anderson@utah.edu
801-721-1687 (cell)