Re: Significance of BMJ figures

No, not astounding:  deceptive.  What do people do when they come
to a site?  When I mistakenly set a Google search for all
languages instead of just English and get hits across a dozen or
more languages, what does it mean if I do not understand more
than a few words of Spanish or French?  Can we assume that
everyone who accesses Joyce's Ulysses reads and comprehends it?
Is an article on medical science intelligible to someone who is
not trained in the field?  These numbers that are being tossed
around are ridiculous.  Access means nothing.  Understanding is
everything.  We have no measurement for that.

Joe Esposito