Re: Homer Simpson at the NIH

David:

In June I met with a small journals publisher who told me she had
sold her journals operation precisely because of open access.
She might have been wrong, but she believed her independence was
threatened. She got out while she could.

When a journal goes OA, it releases money from a library budget
which in turn is used to pay for higher-priced subscriptions.

There are many, many reasons for OA, but saving money is not
among them.

Joe