RE: e: PR's 'pit bull' takes on open access

Apologies for this much delayed response (due to temporary
unavailability of the BMJ statistics during their website revamp)

Peter Banks (whose sound good sense we all miss sadly) may not
have interviewed 'homemakers in Houston', but anyone can have a
look at the usage information on the British Medical Journal's
website (see
http://resources.bmj.com/bmj/about-bmj/visitor-statistics/questionnaire).
Year after year, just 2% of usage has been from patients, and 4%
from the general public;  this year the figures jumped to 6% and
5% respectively.  However, this still does not exactly look like
overwhelming demand to me...

Sally

Sally Morris
Consultant, Morris Associates (Publishing Consultancy)
South House, The Street
Clapham, Worthing, West Sussex BN13 3UU, UK
Tel:  +44(0)1903 871286
Fax:  +44(0)8701 202806
Email:  sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk