From: "Sally Morris (Morris Associates)" <sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk>
To: <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Monday, August 20, 2007 7:22 PM
Subject: RE: Homer Simpson at the NIH

As far as I know, the American Physical Society is almost unique in being *required* NOT to make a profit. Not only Elsevier, but also all other commercial and most non-commercial publishers, do need to make a profit (or, as the latter call it, surplus)

So it is not helpful, in this instance, to use APS as a guide

Sally Morris