Sent: 20 August 2007 19:23
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Subject: RE: Homer Simpson at the NIH

As far as I know, the American Physical Society is almost unique
in being *required* NOT to make a profit.  Not only Elsevier, but
also all other commercial and most non-commercial publishers, do
need to make a profit (or, as the latter call it, surplus)

So it is not helpful, in this instance, to use APS as a guide

Sally Morris
Email:  sally@morris-assocs.demon.co.uk