LIBLICENSE-L: Moderated Message (fwd)

Of wide interest? Ann Okerson

*****

August 21st, 2007

Gilde acquires Royal Swets & Zeitlinger

Royal Swets & Zeitlinger is pleased to announce that its current group of shareholders have agreed to sell 100% of the shares in the company for an undisclosed amount to the Dutch-based investment firm Gilde with participation from Swets's executive management.

After several consecutive years of very strong performance, and seeing the company well positioned for long term growth, the current shareholders of Royal Swets & Zeitlinger decided earlier this year to sell their equity holdings. "We are immensely impressed with how Arie Jongejan, Swets's CEO, and his team turned the company around to its current state of robust financial health," said Roelof Prins of NPM Capital, one of Swets' major institutional shareholders.

"The management of Swets is grateful for the support that it has received from its financial and family shareholders over the period of their involvement and is very satisfied with the progress we have achieved in recent years,: commented CEO Arie Jongejan. "Swets has entered a new phase in which it is driving an aggressive growth strategy which involves geographic expansion, large scale sales force increases coupled with continuously improving customer and publisher service levels. It is in this strategic context that the management is looking forward to working with Gilde to further accelerate its aggressive growth strategy," he continued.

"The Swets management team has a proven track record in delivering material improvements in the performance of the business over time. The fact that the senior management has partnered with us in acquiring this business reflects their commitment and belief in the future growt opportunities of the company. In addition to continuing Swets's highly effective strategy, we aim to further expand the business in both new and existing markets and with new services," said Boudewijn Molenaar, Managing Director of Gilde Buy Out Partners. "We look forward to working with Swets as it continues to grow and prosper."

About Swets

Swets is the world's leading subscription services company. We build on more than 100 years of experience to maximize the return on investments in time and money for clients and publishers in today's complex information marketplace. With clients in over 160 countries and more than twenty offices around the world, Swets is a true 'long tail' powerhouse that provides the most comprehensive and sophisticated e-commerce platform currently available in its field.

Swets has been included in E-Content Magazine's "100 companies that matter most in the Digital Content Industry" for the past two years, and appeared at number 95 in FEM Business'"3Top 500 Companies in The Netherlands" in 2006. We are the only subscription services company that is ISO 9001:2000 certified on a global basis - a testament to our stringent operation and client service procedures.

About Gilde Buy Out Partners

With funds under management in excess of EUR 1.0 billion, Gilde Buy-Out Partners is a mid-market buy-out investor with a geographical focus on the Benelux, Germany, France and Switzerland. We have offices in Utrecht, Paris and Zurich. To learn more about Gilde Buy Out Partners please visit: www.gildepartners.com

Contact for Royal Swets & Zeitlinger:
Arie Jongejan (CEO)
Tel: +31 (0)252 435 252

Contact for Gilde Buy Out Partners: