Re: Fair-Use/Schmair-Use...

On Sat, 4 Aug 2007, Sandy Thatcher wrote:

> You obviously have disdain for legal terminology and copyright law. But law,
> like science, depends upon careful use of technical terms. Would you sanction
> casual use of technical terms from science that could create confusion in the
> public mind?

No, Sandy, in science I would not; but in the case of these legal terms
and concepts -- applied to a new medium that lawyers neither understand,
nor one to which their obsolescent terms and concepts are even coherently
applicable -- it is the "technical terms" that are the confused ones,
and what is needed is some common sense in their stead, to dispel the
confusion they create in the public mind.

Chrs, Stevan