Routledge and the Association of American Geographers Announce Partnership

With apologies for cross posting.

Routledge Journals and the Association of American Geographers
(AAG) are proud to announce a new publishing partnership.

In 2008, Routledge will become the publisher of the AAG's two
world class journals, Annals of the Association of American
Geographers and The Professional Geographer.

Annals of the Association of American Geographers is the AAG's
flagship research journal.  Established in 1911, this quarterly
is recognised as the journal of record for the American
geographic community, as well as being one of the world's
foremost international geographical journals.

The Professional Geographer has been a journal of the AAG since
1949. Published quarterly, it provides an important forum for
research which bridges the professional and academic sectors of
the field, in particular where this research explores new or
alternative viewpoints.

Dr. Douglas Richardson, Executive Director of the AAG, commented:
"We look forward to working with Routledge to develop and expand
the international reach of our leading geography journals. As
part of this arrangement we will add many important new features
to our journals, including greatly increased use of colour for
maps and graphics, full Spanish and Chinese language translations
of all abstracts and tables of contents for both journals, and
sophisticated online capabilities to enhance content and
distribution."

Dr David Green, Global Publishing Director of Routledge Journals,
said: "Routledge Journals are delighted to have been selected as
the future publishing partner of the AAG and look forward to a
long and fruitful relationship with the Association.  The two AAG
journals are flagship publications among international geography
journals, and our partnership plans aim to build on their current
success. This exciting development also reinforces Routledge's
position within the top tier of international publishers in
Geography.  We are honoured by this opportunity to work with one
of the world's most prestigious scholarly associations."

About the Association of American Geographers The Association of
American Geographers (AAG) is a scientific and educational
society founded in 1904. For 100 years the AAG has contributed to
the advancement of geography, conducting educational and research
projects that further geographic understanding, geographic
literacy, and geographic learning. The Association continues to
thrive and grow in the 21st century; its membership now comprises
more than 10,000 geographers working across a broad range of
fields and spanning 62 countries.

About Routledge Journals

Routledge Journals is part of Taylor & Francis, an Informa
business, and is one of the world's leading publishers of
academic journals. Taylor & Francis is dedicated to the
dissemination of scholarly information, drawing on expertise
developed since first publishing learned journals in 1798. Taylor
& Francis now publishes 1,250 scholarly journals, of which 340
are produced in association with learned societies and scholarly
institutions. The Company operates from a network of 19 global
offices, including Philadelphia, Oxford, Melbourne, Stockholm,
Tokyo, Beijing, New Delhi, Johannesburg and Singapore.

-ENDS-

If you would like further information, please contact:
* Jessica Vivian, Editorial Director, Routledge Journals - Tel: +44
(0)207 017 6210 Email: jessica.vivian@tandf.co.uk  Website:
www.informaworld.com/journals

OR

* Douglas Richardson, Executive Director,  AAG - Tel: +1 202 234 1450
Email: drichardson@aag.org Website: www.aag.org

Ashleigh Bell
Journals Sales Director
Taylor & Francis Group