From: "Ray English" <Ray.English@oberlin.edu>
To: "Liblicense L" <liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu>
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 12:32 PM
Subject: LA Times editorial on accessing NIH research

Opinion
Editorial
Accessing NIH research
Congress should grant taxpayers free access to the medical
studies they fund

Los Angeles Times
July 27, 2007
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-ed-nih27jul27,0,2419093.story?

Taxpayers pony up $28 billion annually for the National
Institutes of Health, the world's largest source of funding for
medical research. The payoff, in addition to the occasional
spectacular breakthrough, is more than 60,000 published studies
each year.
[SNIP]