SIAM Announces ISI Journal Impact Factors

Contact:
Jessica Stephenson
Public Awareness Officer
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Phone: 215-382-9800 x383
Fax: 215-386-7999
Email: Stephenson@siam.org

For Immediate Release

SIAM Announces ISI Journal Impact Factors

July 24, 2007 - The Society for Industrial and Applied
Mathematics has announced that its journals continue to be
positioned at the top of their respective categories in impact
factor rankings according to 2006 Journal Citation Reports (JCR)
released by Thomson Scientific. Ten of SIAM's applied mathematics
journals rank in the top 35 (out of 150) in that category.

The impact factors, released by Thomson Scientific's Institute
for Scientific Information provide a ranking of the frequency in
which researchers cite peer-reviewed journals; the higher the
ranking, the more the journal's articles have been cited. SIAM is
pleased to see its journal program increasing in value.

"It's gratifying to see that our journals continue to be highly
cited and respected in the field of applied mathematics", said
David Marshall, Publisher at SIAM. "Our goal has always been to
publish content of the highest quality and the impact factors are
one way of showing that we are succeeding."

Highlights of the 2006 ISI impact factors of SIAM Journals include:

-SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing raised its ranking from #12
in 2005 to #6 in 2006

-SIAM Journal on Matrix Analysis and Applications is now ranked
#8, up from #26 in 2005

-SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics ranks #14, up from #29 in
2005

-Siam Journal on Computing increased its ranking from #22 in 2005
to #16 in 2006

-Multiscale Modeling and Simulation, in the Mathematics,
Interdisciplinary Applications category, ranked 11 out of 65 in
its third year

ABOUT SIAM

SIAM is an international community of over 11,000 individual
members, including applied and computational mathematicians,
computer scientists, and other scientists and engineers. The
Society advances these fields by publishing a series of premier
journals, a variety of books, and producing a wide selection of
conferences. More information about SIAM is available at
www.siam.org.

###