Brill and SAGE exchange journals

With apologies for cross posting

Please find news from Brill and SAGE that may be of interest

BRILL AND SAGE EXCHANGE JOURNALS

July 19, 2007. SAGE acquires Critical Sociology; Brill acquires
Journal of Pentecostal Theology, Ecclesiology, Journal for the
Study of the Historical Jesus, and Journal of Moral Philosophy in
strategic exchange.

Koninklijke Brill NV and SAGE announce today that they have
exchanged several journal series in order to strengthen core
areas of their publishing portfolios. From 2008, SAGE will
publish Critical Sociology, and Brill will publish the Journal of
Pentecostal Theology, Ecclesiology, Journal for the Study of the
Historical Jesus, and the Journal of Moral Philosophy.

Brill, a leading international publisher with a significant
presence in the field of Humanities, has a strong portfolio of
high quality journals on Religion and Religious Studies,
including Church History and Religious Culture, Novum
Testamentum, and Pneuma. In addition, Brill publishes numerous
academic monographs and reference works in this field.

SAGE, the world's leading independent social science publisher,
is the market leader in sociology, publishing over 20 key titles
including Sociological Methods & Research, Work and Occupations,
and Sociology.

"The acquisition of these four journals fits Brill's successful
strategy of expanding in well-defined market niches and further
strengthens our first-class offering in Religious Studies,"
states Brill's Publishing Director for Humanities, Mr Jan-Peter
Wissink.

"Critical Sociology is an excellent fit with SAGE's vision in
publishing inspiring, thought-provoking content. SAGE is
committed to developing the quality and impact of the journals we
publish, and we look forward to working with the journal"
commented Stephen Barr, Managing Director, SAGE. He continued,

"Our aim is to be the natural home for authors, editors and
societies, building strong, long-lasting relationships that
address their individual priorities and needs. We believe BRILL
can offer additional development opportunities to Journal of
Pentecostal Theology, Ecclesiology, Journal for the Study of the
Historical Jesus, and the Journal of Moral Philosophy, and we
wish the editorial staff on these titles well in their future
partnership."

###

SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and
electronic media for academic, educational, and professional
markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global
community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students
spanning a wide range of subject areas including business,
humanities, social sciences, and science, technology and
medicine. An independent company, SAGE has principal offices in
Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, and Singapore. www.sagepub.co.uk

About Brill

Founded in 1683 in Leiden, the Netherlands, Brill is a leading
international academic publisher in the fields of Ancient Near
East and Egypt; Middle East and Islamic Studies; Asian Studies
(incl. Hotei imprint); Classical Studies; Medieval and Early
Modern Studies; Biblical and Religious Studies; Social Sciences;
Biology; Science (VSP imprint); Human Rights and Public
International Law (Martinus Nijhoff imprint). With offices in
Leiden and Boston Brill today publishes more than 100 journals
and around 600 new books and reference works each year. In
addition, Brill is a major provider of primary source materials
online and on microform for researchers in the humanities through
its imprint IDC Publishers. In principle all publications are
available in print or microform, as well as in electronic form.
Brill's customers are academic and research institutions,
libraries, and scholars. Brill is a publicly traded company and
listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV. Please visit www.brill.nl for
more information.

Brill Press Inquiries			Sage Press Inquiries
Herman A. Pabbruwe (Chief Executive)	Mithu Mukherjee (PR Manager)
Tel. +31 71 535 3500 			Tel. +44 207 324 2223
pabbruwe@brill.nl 			mithu.mukherjee@sagepub.co.uk