RE: Library subscription rebates for Open Choice content

Perhaps the word "rebate" isn't the best description of what various publishers have offered to their library subscribers. A more accurate phrase would have been "reduction in subscription price for the following year." This reduction, we've been told, would be an adjustment for the various articles that authors paid to have available without charge.

I hope the publishers will chime in to tell us if or how these types of adjustments are planned and in what circumstances. Ann Okerson/Yale Library