RE: Euromonitor license

We are looking into a new subscription to one of Euromonitor's
databases and are running into the wall of no walk-ins.  Even
though we are private, we have a policy of allowing walk-in users
to accommodate our immediate community and visiting scholars.
We have stalled in the agreement process, but we also need to
provide for our students and faculty.  From what I've been told,
Euromonitor is concerned about real business data being
vulnerable at an academic price to individuals who may walk-in
and use data for commerical gain.  I see their point, but then I
will need to adjust a policy if we want their database.

John P. Blosser
Head, Serials Dept. and Coordinator of Acquisitions Services
Northwestern University Library
Evanston, IL 60208-2300
jblosser@northwestern.edu