New Name for ALA/ALCTS Serials Section

The ALCTS Serials Section Announces a Name Change

The Section formerly known as Serials is now the Continuing Resources Section.

The new name reflects trends in our profession, the materials that we work with, and the digital information environment.

Here's our new Mission Statement:

ALCTS Continuing Resources Section

Mission: To contribute to library service and librarianship through development of theory and practice concerning continuing resources in all formats; to initiate and support studies, reports, discussions and publications; to encourage specialized education programming, and training for practitioners in the fields of continuing resources management; and to coordinate the activities within the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services and within the American Library Association with respect to continuing resources in all formats.

Mary Page

Member, ALCTS Continuing Resources Section, Policy and Planning Committee