RE: Euromonitor license

Hi Kristine,

Yes, we are currently experiencing the same problem with
Euromonitor.

Like you, we subscribe to a small data set (World Marketing Data
and Statistics) and though I have previewed the entire package
(GMID) our budget prohibited us from upgrading in the past. Thus,
this increase in subscription cost mid-contract is a bit
frustrating and out of our price range.

It seems that if the software upgrade was not going to be
compatible to their customer's subscriptions, then the full
product should be made available free of charge until the next
renewal.

Euromonitor gave us two months notice of the coming change;
however, the notice came *after* I had submitted a budget request
for 2007/2008 - not that this matters a great deal since we
haven't had a budget increase in the past four years.

Presently, I have asked Euromonitor for an extension on their
deadline, and I am also in the process of reviewing our license
agreement that we signed upon renewal.

I too would be interested in hearing others' response to this
situation!

Best regards,
Galadriel

Galadriel Chilton