UC Press to Publish The Auk

American Ornithologists' Union Taps UC Press as Partner to Publish The Auk

Berkeley, California - July 5, 2007, University of California
Press Journals + Digital Publishing is proud to announce that The
Auk, one of the oldest and most distinguished journals of
ornithological studies in the world, has joined UC Press. The
Press is honored to have The Auk become a part of its publishing
program and to begin working with the American Ornithologists'
Union, the oldest and largest organization of professional
ornithologists in North America. Since 1884, The Auk has been a
home for serious research articles and has enriched the
discipline with lively debate on both theoretical and
methodological developments.  It has also been a focal point for
the nurturing of the ornithology community in America and has
seen many prominent members of the society appear in its pages.
The Auk has since grown to become one of the top-ranked
ornithology journals based on ISI impact factor ratings.
Beginning with Volume 125, Issue 1 in January 2008,
ornithologists will be able to find the journal at UC Press
available in both online and print editions.

"The American Ornithologists' Union and University of California
Press are natural partners, as we share the same academic and
non-profit goals.  We look forward to serving our subscribers
better, particularly through offering a wider array of print and
electronic subscription options." -Erica Dunn, President,
American Ornithologists Union

"We are honored and very pleased to have been chosen by the AOU
to publish The Auk, which is widely regarded as one of the
foremost journals in ornithology" says Rebecca Simon, Director,
University of California Press Journals + Digital Publishing. "We
deeply value our partnership with the AOU and the common ground
we share in promoting scholarly inquiry and the use of research
to serve the public good as well as the scientific community."

For more information about The Auk, please visit
http://www.ucpressjournals.com

The Auk
Editor: Spencer G. Sealy, Dept of Zoology, University of Manitoba
ISSN: 0004-8038
January, April, July, October
Institutional Subscription, Print + Electronic: $255/yr
Electronic-only Subscription: $230/yr

ABOUT UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA PRESS

Established in 1893, University of California Press is one of the
most reputable and distinguished university publishers in the
United States.  UC Press publishes a full spectrum of
distinguished works, from inventive first books by young
academics to journals containing the results of the research and
creative thinking of many of the world's foremost scholars. The
Journals and Digital Publishing Division of the Press currently
publishes over 50 scholarly journals in a wide variety of
disciplines with concentrations in musicology, history, cultural
studies, sociology, law, and area studies.  The Journals and
Digital Publishing Division has publishing partnerships with a
number of scholarly societies, including the American
Anthropological Association, with which UC Press has launched
AnthroSource, an innovative digital collection of core
anthropological scholarship.

Nick Lindsay
Journals Marketing & Circulation Manager
University of California Press
510-642-8883