Steady growth in Hindawi's Impact Factors

Press Release
July 4th, 2007

Steady growth in Hindawi's Impact Factors

The Hindawi Publishing Corporation is pleased to announce a steady increase in the Impact Factors of its open access journals. According to Thomson Scientific's 2006 Journal Citation Report, the Impact Factors of Hindawi's journals rose by an average of 14% over the previous year. In addition, one of Hindawi's journals, "Bioinorganic Chemistry and Applications," received its first Impact Factor.

"I am happy to see the recent increase in the Impact Factors of our journals, which is a clear signal that our articles are being read and cited by a growing number of researchers" said Paul Peters, the Head of Business Development for the Hindawi Publishing Corporation. "I believe that as our open access journal collection continues to grow, we will see even further increases in the Impact Factors of our journals."

Of the 21 journals in Hindawi's open access collection that have been reviewed for inclusion in the Science Citation Index, nine titles have already received an Impact Factor, and seven additional titles have been accepted for citation tracking and should receive their initial Impact Factors within the next two years.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Email: paul.peters@hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing STM publisher with over 80 open access journals in its collection covering a wide range of science, technology, and medicine. The company web site is located at http://www.hindawi.com.