Dramatic growth of SAGE market share in 2006 Journal Citation Reports

***Apologies for cross posting***

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Dramatic growth of SAGE market share in 2006 Journal Citation
Reports

Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, and Singapore (June 28, 2007) -
SAGE, publisher of over 460 scholarly journals in the social
sciences and science, technology, and medicine (STM), announced
today that continued high-quality growth in the company's
journals program has served to dramatically increase the number
of SAGE journals included in the Thomson Scientific 2006 Journal
Citation Reports (JCR).

Between 2001 and 2006, SAGE has consistently increased its JCR
coverage, with the number of ranked journals increasing by 39% in
the Social Sciences edition and 127% in the Science edition. Over
two-thirds (67%) of SAGE's ranked journals increased their Impact
Factors in 2006.

Significant Growth in Science, Technology, and Medicine. . . As a
growing STM publisher with over 150 titles in the Health
Sciences, Clinical Medicine, Health Research, and Nursing, SAGE
is especially encouraged by average Impact Factor increases of
39% in the Public Health category, 36% in Nursing, and 25% in
Pharmacology and Toxicology.

For the first time, SAGE publishes the top ranked titles in
Rehabilitation (Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair) and
Robotics (International Journal of Robotics Research).
Neurorehabilitation and Neural Repair (NNR) moved from eighth
position in 2005 and increased its Impact Factor by 294% since
2001.

Commenting on the journal's increased citation activity and
number one standing in Rehabilitation, Dr. Bruce Dobkin,
Editor-in-Chief of NNR, stated, "The pursuit of quality basic and
clinical research for neurological rehabilitation has grown quite
rapidly over the past five years. The NNR editorial board, backed
by the online platform of SAGE, is delighted to be one of the
forces that encourages thoughtful and creative experiments that
will benefit patients."

Continued Strengths in Social Science. . . As the world's leading
independent Social Science publisher, SAGE continues to retain
majority market share in seven social science subject categories,
including Criminology and Penology, Political Science, Sociology,
and Urban Studies. Highlights include over 20 journals in the top
five of their category, of which two (Science, Technology & Human
Values and Social Studies of Science) are ranked number one in
their category.

Alison Mudditt, SAGE Executive Vice President, commented, "SAGE
cares passionately about meeting the needs of the academic and
professional communities, and we are encouraged by the
year-on-year increases in SAGE journals ranked by the JCR and the
noticeable increase in SAGE journal articles cited in 2006.

"While we recognize that the Impact Factor is not the only
indicator of journal quality, this report demonstrates that our
commitment to high-quality publishing, and our investment in
making our research as accessible as possible, is valued by the
communities we serve and further supports our reputation as the
natural home for authors, editors, and societies."

About SAGE

SAGE is a leading international publisher of journals, books, and
electronic media for academic, educational, and professional
markets. Since 1965, SAGE has helped inform and educate a global
community of scholars, practitioners, researchers, and students
spanning a wide range of subject areas including business,
humanities, social sciences, and science, technology and
medicine. A privately owned corporation, SAGE has principal
offices in Los Angeles, London, New Delhi, and Singapore.
www.sagepublications.com

CONTACT:
Valerie Johns
Senior Marketing Manager