Atypon to Develop Platform for ACS

The Atypon and American Chemical Society news below maybe of
interest to
liblicense readers.

Warmest regards,

Nash Pal
Strategic Marketing Manager
Atypon Limited
<http://www.atypon.com> www.atypon.com

Atypon Systems, Inc. to Develop Integrated Content Delivery
Platform for American Chemical Society

SANTA CLARA, California and WASHINGTON, D.C. - June 18, 2007 -
Atypon Systems, Inc., a leading provider of e-publishing
solutions, signed an agreement today with the American Chemical
Society (ACS), the world's largest scientific society, to develop
a new software platform to support the delivery of ACS's
prestigious journal program.

"We are very excited and proud to have been selected as trusted
technology partner for the delivery of an e-publishing platform
for The American Chemical Society," said Georgios Papadopoulos,
founder and CEO of Atypon.

Atypon's considerable experience in providing leading scholarly
publishers with sophisticated, flexible and more cost effective
e-content delivery platforms will provide ACS with a
customisable, reliable and robust solution that will create a
more efficient online experience and deliver increased value to
ACS members and other content users.

Under the terms of the agreement, ACS will host their content
locally utilising the Atypon Premium application suite. In
addition, Atypon will work with the in-house ACS software
development team to help integrate the new content delivery
platform into ACS's existing technology infrastructure; providing
a seamless look and feel and consistent experience across all ACS
online services.

"The ACS required full control over the infrastructure for their
online content delivery platform; Atypon's ability to deliver to
these requirements, by providing local hosting and integration
into existing services continues to demonstrate our flexible
approach and willingness to supply innovative solutions that meet
publishers' needs," said Papadopoulos.

"We are excited to be partnering with Atypon, and intend through
this partnership to provide ACS members and other consumers of
our content with flexible and reliable access to ACS Journal
content.  We expect our use of the Atypon system to enable ACS to
react more quickly in the future to the evolving demands of our
customers," said John Sullivan, Chief Information Officer,
American Chemical Society.

Local hosting with Atypon's Premium Platform and integration with
existing ACS enterprise applications will provide the ACS
Journals program with the necessary development options to
achieve competitive advantage in the area of content delivery.

About The American Chemical Society
The American Chemical Society - the world's largest scientific
society - is a nonprofit organization chartered by the U.S.
Congress and a global leader in providing access to
chemistry-related research through its multiple databases,
peer-reviewed journals and scientific conferences. Its main
offices are in Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio. The ACS
Publications Division currently publishes 35 leading
peer-reviewed journals in the chemical and related sciences,
including the Journal of the American Chemical Society, as well
as Chemical & Engineering News, the Society's weekly news
magazine.

About Atypon Systems, Inc.
Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has provided software, hosting,
and systems development to the information industry, allowing
publishers to grow their business by providing superior
technology and service that supports the electronic exchange of
scholarly information. Atypon's solutions include Atypon Premium,
a complete e-publishing solution for publishers who wish to
manage the entire process of delivering and managing their
content online, and Atypon Link, a cost effective, aggregated
hosting platform for publishers who require a well managed,
outsourced e-publishing service. For further information please
visit http://www.atypon.com

Charmayne Marsh
Manager, News and Information
American Chemical Society