Re: OA Mandates, Embargoes, and the "Fair Use" Button

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007, Sally Morris (Morris Associates) wrote:

> ...'Fair Use' seems to me a very misleading name for the
> 'button'

Actually, the official name of the button is "Request Eprint" in
EPrints and "Request Copy" in DSpace, but it wasn't until we
started calling it the "Fair Use Button" that people finally
began to twig on what it was actually for, and what it means, and
what it can and will do! So I'm quite happy with the nickname...
It's also made the logic of the ID/OA mandate more transparent.

   https://secure.ecs.soton.ac.uk/notices/publicnotices.php?notice=902
   http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php//RequestCopy
   http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/71-guid.html

Stevan Harnad