4%?

We tend to pay many of our large vendors for the next fiscal year very
early on if we can, i.e. June 2007 payments for Jan. 2008 resources.
Some of our larger e-resource providers are coming in for 2008 at 4%. I
wonder if others are seeing this as a trend. And what does it mean?  I
suspect that long term attrition is down substantially so the fear of a
downside i.e. cancellations is playing much less a part in price setting
than a decade ago.

Chuck Hamaker
Associate University Librarian Collections and Technical Services
Atkins Library
University of North Carolina Charlotte
Charlotte, NC 28223
phone 704 687-2825