Hindawi's Monthly Submissions Exceed 500

Press Release
2007-06-03

Hindawi's Monthly Submissions Exceed 500

Hindawi is pleased to announce that the number of submissions to
its growing open access journal collection has exceeded 500 in a
single month for the first time in May 2007. This is roughly a
70% increase over the 296 submissions received in May 2006.

"This is but one of several signs of the success of our open
access publishing program," said Hesham Youssef, Hindawi's
Business Manager. "Our infrastructure puts us in the fortunate
position of being able to handle just about any amount of growth
for the foreseeable future."

"We have been growing at about 40% every year for the past few
years," said Ahmed Hindawi, the company's CEO. "The last few
months have seen an accelerated growth. We are pleased to see
that this increase of submissions is coming from our established
journals as well as the newly launched ones."

Hindawi started moving its business model to open access in late
2004 and completed its full open access transition in February
21, 2007. It is quickly expanding its presence in life sciences
and engineering as well as establishing an ambitious OA
publishing program in other areas including chemistry, materials
science, and physics.

For more information please contact:

Paul Peters
Head of Business Development
Hindawi Publishing Corporation
Email: paul.peters@hindawi.com

Hindawi Publishing Corporation is a rapidly growing STM publisher
with over 80 open access journals in its collection covering a
wide range of science, technology, and medicine. The company web
site is located at http://www.hindawi.com.