Walter de Gruyter GmbH Selects Atypon Systems, Inc.

The Atypon and Walter de Gruyter news below maybe of interest to
liblicense readers.

Best wishes,
Nash Pal

Strategic Marketing Manager
Atypon Limited
Email: npal@atypon.com
Tel: +44 (0)1235 554885
Fax: +44 (0)1235 553369

www.atypon.com

-------------------------

Walter de Gruyter GmbH Selects Atypon Systems, Inc. to Supply
Content Delivery Platform for Journals, Books, Reference works
and Databases

BERLIN, Germany and SANTA CLARA, California:  May 22, 2007:
Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co. KG, an independent Berlin-based
academic publisher, has entered into an agreement with Atypon
Systems, Inc., a leading e-publishing solutions provider, to
develop a platform for the online delivery of all of their
publishing output.

The new agreement builds upon Walter de Gruyter's existing
technology partnership with Atypon. Walter de Gruyter's adoption
of the Atypon Premium platform will extend the services they
offer to libraries, academic societies and end users. One of the
main enhancements will be the integration of journals, books,
reference works and bibliographic databases onto a single
platform, accessible through a common interface.

Chris Beckett, VP of Sales and Marketing of Atypon Systems,
commented:  'We are delighted to have signed an agreement with
this major European publisher. Delivering a solution that meets,
for instance, both the needs of the local German language market
for historical databases and the international market for English
language journals and books, while providing a unified content
management back-office and access control system, is an excellent
application of the Atypon Premium infrastructure. We look forward
to providing Walter De Gruyter with a solid return on their
investment in the Atypon Premium solution.'

Joachim Engelland, responsible for Business Development Online at
Walter de Gruyter, commented: 'We are excited to extend and
further develop our partnership with Atypon. Establishing the new
platform will mean a giant leap for Walter de Gruyter. With
Atypon building it we make sure that the experience and
technology of a premium service provider goes into this. Our
customers will benefit from enhanced services and seamless access
to all content - be it published in journals, books or
databases.'

About Walter de Gruyter
For more than 250 years, the independent scholarly publishing
house Walter de Gruyter GmbH & Co. KG has published journals and
books in the fields of linguistics, literature, history,
medicine, and law. In 2006 Walter de Gruyter acquired K.G. Saur
and Max Niemeyer forming one of the largest publishing houses in
Europe. De Gruyter publishes more than 500 new titles every year,
half of them in English, approximately 92 journals, and a variety
of digital products. For further information please visit
www.degruyter.com.

About Atypon Systems, Inc.
Since 1996, Atypon Systems, Inc. has provided software, hosting,
and systems development to the information industry, allowing
publishers to grow their business by providing superior
technology and service that supports the electronic exchange of
scholarly information. Atypon's solutions include Atypon Premium,
a complete e-publishing solution for publishers who wish to
manage the entire process of delivering and managing their
content online, and Atypon Link, a cost effective, aggregated
hosting platform for publishers who require a well managed,
outsourced e-publishing service. For further information please
visit http://www.atypon.com

Joachim Engelland
Business Development Online
Walter de Gruyter