RE: Russia and Turkey Register Green OA Self-Archiving Mandates in ROARMAP

>> Bravo in particular to the Russian institution, whose policy
>> allows for a reasonable embargo period.
>
> (1) It is odd (and rather sad) to see a librarian applauding an
> embargo on researchers' access to research findings.

It might not seem so odd (or sad) to someone who has read and
considered the arguments in favor of reasonable embargoes.  One
may agree or disagree with the proposition that reasonable
embargoes can help maintain a robust and healthy scientific
exchange, but tendentious expressions of regret that someone
should actually hold such a view seem like rather a waste of time
and bandwidth.

Anyone interested in reading my particular argument on that score
can do so here:
http://www.alpsp.org/ngen_public/article.asp?aid=723

---
Rick Anderson