New developments for Cambridge Journals Online

***With apologies for cross-posting***

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

23rd April 2007, Cambridge, England, UK & New York, USA

Cambridge University Press is delighted to announce the release of further
enhancements to Cambridge Journals Online (CJO). Major new developments in
functionality and design provide improved access to the content of Cambridge
University Press's collection of over 220 leading academic and practitioner journals
in science, technology and medicine, the humanities and social sciences.

Informed by detailed consultation with the library and research communities,
Cambridge schedules three such major releases of updated functionality each year.
This enables us to develop a flexible, customer-focused service and ensures that we
can respond rapidly to requests for new features and functionality.

Some key new developments released last month include:

-A refreshed site design, including specific sections for our distinct user groups
-- http://journals.cambridge.org

-New-look journal homepages with additional functionality, including links to the
most-read articles -- http://journals.cambridge.org/MBI

-Enriched content in the form of editorial blogs -- http://www.foreignpolicybulletin.com
-- and multimedia companions -- http://journals.cambridge.org/urbanhistoryextra.

-A new, clearer advanced search interface and a new fielded cite search function for
more specific bibliographic queries - http://journals.cambridge.org/advancedsearch.

-An improved range of email or RSS alerting options including notification when an
article is published online ahead of print and announcements whenever an article is
cited.

-The provision of direct links to articles for authors and institutional
repositories.

For a complete list of all our latest additions, visit http://journals.cambridge.org/newfeatures.

As a not--for-profit publisher Cambridge University Press is uniquely placed to
offer a stable publishing environment in a volatile market place. The release of
these enhancements demonstrates our continued investment commitment to online
publishing, the academic community and our society partners.

"We're constantly working to provide new tools and improved functionality to
our customers. These latest developments will continue to strengthen CJO's leading
position as a reliable, user-friendly and innovative online journals platform. This
is a significant step forward in our ongoing programme of development." Simon
Ross, Journals Director, Cambridge University Press.

Even as the changes detailed above are launched, Cambridge University Press is
continuing research and development to provide new features and further enhancements
for CJO. We look forward to announcing the next raft of improvements in the coming
months.

For further information regarding Cambridge Journals Online please visit: http://www.journals.cambridge.org

Or contact Andrew Sykes at:
asykes@cambridge.org
Tel: +44 (0)1223 325636
Fax: +44 (0)1223 325801

About Cambridge University Press Journals

Cambridge University Press publishes over 220 peer-reviewed academic journals across
a wide spread of subject areas, in print and online.  Many of these journals are the
leading academic publications in their fields and together they form one of the most
valuable and comprehensive collections of research available today.

About Cambridge University Press

Cambridge University Press is the publishing division of the University of
Cambridge, one of the world's leading research institutions and winner of 81 Nobel
Prizes.  Cambridge University Press advances learning, knowledge and research
worldwide.  It publishes over 220 journals and over 2,500 books a year for
distribution in more than 200 countries.

Other links:
For Cambridge University Press please visit:
http://www.cambridge.org
For The University of Cambridge please visit:
http://www.cam.ac.uk

Susan Soule
Journals Marketing Manager
Cambridge University Press, Americas