RE: Is it time to stop printing journals?

>In other words, do the librarians on this list have the sense
>that their patrons are operating in a post-print world (not in
>the OA/PMC/Battle Royale sense of the term, but meaning have we
>outgrown print)?

As a librarian working in a special library (Geography) I'm
getting a growing sense of electronic journals being seen by or
patrons as the 'copy of record'. This may well be quite
discipline specific, but a year spent working in a medical
library (in 2005) didn't do too much to change that impression.

Dave Clemens

Librarian
Geography Department Library
University of Canterbury/Te Whare Wananga o Waitaha
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch
New Zealand