David Marshall Named Publisher of SIAM

Of possible interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 17:25:07 EDT
From: Montgomery@siam.org
To: liblicen@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: David Marshall Named Publisher of SIAM

(Submission for posting - of potential interest to readers of
liblicense)

David Marshall Named Publisher of SIAM

The Society for Industrial & Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is pleased to announce that David K. Marshall has been appointed Publisher. Mr. Marshall will assume the management of SIAM journal and book publishing programs beginning March 26, 2007.

"SIAM has a long history of providing the highest quality publications in mathematics and computational sciences to libraries, institutions and individuals" commented James Crowley, Executive Director of SIAM. "David possesses a wealth of experience in both book and journal publishing. He is well equipped to use this experience to keep SIAM's publishing program in the forefront of scholarly publishing."

Prior to joining SIAM, David held the position of Senior Publisher with Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, where he was responsible for managing a portfolio of neurology journals with annual revenues exceeding $18,000,000 annually. While there, he oversaw the launch of new features including the conversion of all back issues from print to online, and the doubling of frequency of Neurology, the flagship journal of the American Academy of Neurology. He was also instrumental in acquiring a society journal and initiating other acquisitions currently in process.

Before joining LWW, David served as General Manager, CME and Vice President, Content with MedCases, Inc., a provider of online case-based continuing education programs. While at MedCases, he cut the project development time in half and achieved cost savings through process improvements. Prior to those appointments, he was General Manager of Harcourt Health Communications. Revenue was doubled under his tenure.

"I'm excited with the opportunity I've been given at SIAM" David said. "I've been very impressed with my colleagues and look forward to working with them to build our program."

The Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM), headquartered in Philadelphia, PA, is an international community of over 11,000 individual members. These include applied and computational mathematicians, computer scientists, and other scientists and engineers. Members are researchers, educators, students and practitioners from 85 countries who are working in industry, government, laboratories, and in academia. The Society, which also includes over 500 academic and corporate institutional members, serves and advances the disciplines of applied mathematics and computational science by publishing a variety of books and prestigious peer-reviewed research journals, by conducting conferences, and by hosting activity groups in various areas of mathematics. SIAM promotes regional sections and student chapters that provide many opportunities for students. Further information is available at www.siam.org <http://www.siam.org/> .

Michelle Montgomery
Director of Marketing and Sales
SIAM
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Phila PA 19104 USA
montgomery@siam.org
www.siam.org